Athlete Representation Agreement
Disclaimer: This application is for an eLawyering class and should not be used to make an athlete representation agreement.
This application will create a draft document of an Athlete Representation Agreement between an athlete, agent, and agency. An automated document will help efficiency within an agency, and allow less qualified personelle to create a draft.
WARNING TO STUDENT-ATHLETE:
IF YOU SIGN THIS CONTRACT:
(1) YOU MAY LOSE YOUR ELIGIBILITY TO COMPETE AS A STUDENT-ATHLETE IN YOUR SPORT;
(2) IF YOU HAVE AN ATHLETIC DIRECTOR, WITHIN 72 HOURS AFTER ENTERING INTO THIS CONTRACT, BOTH YOU AND YOUR ATHLETE AGENT MUST NOTIFY YOUR ATHLETIC DIRECTOR; AND
(3) YOU MAY CANCEL THIS CONTRACT WITHIN 14 DAYS AFTER SIGNING IT. CANCELLATION OF THIS CONTRACT MAY NOT REINSTATE YOUR ELIGIBILITY.
- Document may create a privileged relationship that would need to follow the Model Rules of Professional Responsibility
- Both attorney and non-attorney agents are subject to common law agency requirements in forming relationships with athletes
- May be subject to specific guidlines depending on the Sports Association and respective Player Association
- Must follow Sports Agent and Responsibility and Trust Act of 2004
- 15 U.S. Code Chapter 104 - SPORTS AGENT RESPONSIBILITY AND TRUST | U.S. Code | US Law | LII / Legal Information Institute (cornell.edu)
- barnett Sports Agents and Professional Athletes by Katrina - Final Draft.pdf (kentlaw.edu)
- CONFLICTS OF INTEREST AND THE SHIFTING PARADIGM OF ATHLETE REPRESENTATION | Secondary Sources | National | Westlaw
- THE EVOLUTION OF ATHLETE REPRESENTATION: THE GAME HAS CHANGED! | Secondary Sources | FE | Westlaw